Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Migration medical check-up done

Just completed my medical check-up for migration today. According to my friend who has already received the confirmation of her PR, it will take 3 weeks for the confirmation of PR to arrive if all goes well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

While reviewing my medical notes, the doctor joked that perhaps I'd marry a white man there. He's not the only one to joke about it. Even my former nursing lecturer teased me about that too. My only reply, "It's hard to say."

Given that I do not have a preference for any particular ethnic group and I'm heading to a place where half its population are a visible minority, the probability is around 50% statistically speaking. That is, IF I found someone whom I wish to marry and vice versa. It's a BIG "IF".

No comments

Post a Comment