Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Getting feedback

Recently, I had been told several times that so-and-so patients and their families feedback positively about me. This included a "difficult" NOK who specifically told my ADON today that he was impressed by my service and attitude.

During my student days, I would probably be over-the-moon to hear of such news. Somehow I find that my attitude to such feedback has since changed. Nowadays when I get such feedback, the randomness of chance -- to be perceived by one client/doctor as great and another as lousy -- strikes me once again. Thus, I would smile in acknowledgement to the manager(s) informing me of the feedback and highlight the involvement and contribution of my fellow colleagues instead.

For my own mental well-being, I "release" all the good, the bad, and the ugly once home.

No comments

Post a Comment