Tuesday, February 08, 2011

PR card

I just received my Canadian PR card. [According to the Community Airport Newcomers Network booklet, the PR card is usually mailed out in about 6 weeks from the landing date. However, based on the experience of people who shared with me, the norm is more like 2 to 3 months.]

It has been delayed because the original photo, taken in a Singapore studio, was not acceptable. Instead of having the required neutral expression, I was smiling.

When I posed for the photo re-shoot at a Canadian studio, I was still smiling widely. Fortunately, the photographer knew the requirements of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Thus, she instructed me to smile less broadly for the shot.

Guess, I can't help smiling because I feel lucky to be in Canada.

No comments

Post a Comment