Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thank you for your application

When I swung open my room door tonight after returning home from work, I saw with delight an envelop from the nursing school. I quickly opened the envelop to see if it was the awaited "Your Summer-2012 enrollment is confirmed" letter.

Instead it said, "Thank you for your Jul 01, 2011 application..." and for chosing the nursing school, blah blah blah. Instructions for accessing the Student Online Self-Service and other stuff were included. Followed by, "As soon as we have evaluated your application, you will receive a letter regarding your admission status."

Suddenly, I am reminded of my National University of Singapore undergraduate course application more than 2 decades ago. It felt like it took forever to know whether I was enrolled for my selected course or otherwise. I have to remind myself, "Patience, patience! 船到橋頭自然直。" [The boat will naturally straighten itself up, when it reaches the bridge (i.e. to pass under the bridge successfully).]

No comments

Post a Comment