Friday, May 25, 2012

Sun, field, space - freedom and peace

Just wanted to share this beautiful spring day in Metro Vancouver.

The field in B.C. above reminded me of 
Van Gogh's "Wheat Field with Cypress" below
[Source: Wikipedia] 

This field is just behind a bus-stop, with mountains in the background and a highway running across the horizon (barely visible behind the tall grass). This beautiful spring day with the sun, the grass field and a vast expanse of space somehow brings me a sense of freedom and peace. I took a deep breath, soaked in the sun, and thought, "If I had the money to retire, I would probably just sit in the sun, enjoy a picnic, and watch the sky and the world go by." Yeah, I am not ambitious.

Simultaneously a familiar tune automatically ran through my head. It's a chirpy theme song "サボテンの花" [Cactus Flower] from an old Japanese TV series "同一屋簷下" [Under one roof].
I think I'm lucky in that while my memory sucks when it comes to remembering names and faces, it seems to work pretty well when it comes to remembering tunes that I like. As a result, I don't really need music from a MP3 player, except when learning a new song. 
同一屋簷下 II 開場片頭 []
Under One Roof, Season Two, Opening sequence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6XRT5RElE8


p.s. The Cherry Blossoms season is over in Metro Vancouver. The cherry trees are now covered with fresh green leaves. Which brings to mind another aspect that I like about life in Metro Vancouver -- watching the passing of time with each season.

No comments

Post a Comment