Thursday, March 07, 2013

GNIE: RN job search - Update 1

I am happy to report that at least 3 of my 33 GNIE classmates have been hired in paid Registered Nurse jobs with their Provisional Registered Nurse licence. I used "at least" because I did not hear from everyone, so the 3 are those whom I know of. Considering that not all of my classmates are actively looking for RN jobs, IMHO, this is a good statistic.
Some classmates returned to their family commitments. Some returned to their countries of origin while waiting for the CRNE results. Some are hanging on to their minimum wage jobs, while waiting for the CRNE results before launching into their RN job search. Others, like me, are taking a break.
As far as I understand, some have been interviewed but the progression of their job applications is hinged upon their CRNE results, which would be out in 1 to 2 weeks' time -- i.e. a total of 5 to 6 weeks after the exam date. Let's hope that there will be more good news to come soon. 

No comments

Post a Comment