Saturday, August 24, 2013

Too late to crawl back into the egg

Just to share a Peanuts (Snoopy) comic that I love. It never fails to bring on a quiet giggle even when I have the blues.


I think the picture and caption say it all. The above is extracted from a series of 2 books published by Ravette Books Limited 1989, based on comics by Charles M. Schulz -- "Things I've Had To Learn Over and Over and Over and Over (Plus a Few Minor Discoveries)" and "Things I Learned After It Was Too Late (And Other Minor Truths)".

4 comments:

  1. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323980604579030964060914466.html

    See if your readers can crawl into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CK,

      I didn't get to read the whole Wall Street Journal article because subscription is required. But going by the title of that 31-Aug-2013 article "Canada Seeks Immigrants Who Fit Better
      Ottawa Screens Applicants for English, French Fluency and "Adaptability""
      , I guess it's about the new immigration point system.

      Every system has its loophole. Suffice to say, I know of applicants fluent in both English and French, young (below 35) and highly "adaptable" (one holds a professional job, the other holds a supervisory job) but they were rejected for Permanent Residency once before. I am keeping my fingers crossed that their 2nd PR applicant attempt will be successful.

      Cheers, WD.

      Delete
    2. Ah. When you hit WSJ subscription wall, copy and paste the headline into Google, and then click the article that comes up. Enjoy your new weekend paper. You're welcome. :)

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, thanks! "When you seek, you'll find"... thanks to Google and the internet. :)

      Delete